Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Me + PC + Panama = ???

I received my official Peace Corps invitation a few months ago after a long, relatively patient (key word - relatively) wait. I am trying to have as few expectations as possible going into my service, since I know that I cannot even begin to imagine what I will experience!

Details of my Peace Corps assignment:
Tourism and English Consultant
Panama
April 21, 2009 - June 2011

I am officially three weeks from my departure, and I couldn't be more excited! Nervous at times, but more excited than anything. I think the reality of it all is starting to set it, which started when I sold my car! Now I am frantically studying my Spanish, packing up things I won't be taking for storage, wrapping up random contracts/payments, and prioritizing the few things I can take. 

As I look forward to leaving, I feel anxious about leaving all of my wonderful friends and supportive family behind, but I hope that you will all keep in touch with me, come visit, and let me know what is happening in YOUR life while I am doing god knows what in Panama! 




4 comments:

  1. I am not ready for your departure yet...but excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YIKES...it is now officially "the month you are leaving". Now that you are packing up all your non-Panama clothes and having your "going away parties", time is ticking away. Similar to the pace that you finish puzzles - done in a flash! I'm not ready for you to go yet, but know YOU are ready for your adventure. I like the pink blog...seems fitting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why am I number 2 now on your follower list? I was the first ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I can't wish you off in person this weekend, but I know you will have the adventure of your life! Congrats and your blog looks great! If it's okay, I'll add it to the bloglist on mine ;)

    ReplyDelete