Monday, April 20, 2009

Miracles Happen!

IT IS OFFICIAL! After a week of packing, re-packing, and sorting through what I could and could not fit... I am packed! Yes, folks, it is a miracle! For those of you who doubted that I could fit everything into my bags for 27 months - here is the proof! I successfully cut my shoe supply down to 7 pairs... yes, I know that sounds like a lot, but it is NOT! I think I was pretty practical with my packing, but I did sneak in a few shirts that I probably will never wear, but they make me happy :) It's the little things, right?

Thanks to everyone for these last few weeks of lunches, dinners, get-togethers, and parties. I think that I have successfully inflated myself for the next few months, but it has been worth it! I will miss all of you dearly, but I am super excited to start on this adventure. Tomorrow morning I will head out very early to fly to DC for staging; Wednesday we will depart for Panamá! Please keep in touch with me while I am gone... I expect LOTS of emails and letters and pictures, pictures, pictures! Now, if you are reading this blog and crying - STOP! I will see you soon! Time flies... I'll be back before you know it! Just come see me when I can have visitors! 

3 comments:

  1. Kristin,

    I am so very excited for you! (Although I miss you already!)

    Good luck with everything - especially the first few weeks! Email soon and I'll keep you updated on things!

    We all love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm guessing that you are in DC by now. I hope that you are already having the time of your life! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must say that your packing ability is VERY VERY impressive! Glad you had made it safely and it sounds like you're having a blast so far! Best wishes and I look forward to more pics & hearing about your 'host family!' Much love!!!
    -Kristi C.

    ReplyDelete